Monday, March 29, 2010

3.27.10 :)


The lights had finally dimmed. The adrenaline rush of the audience had risen to an all time high. Talking grew into screams. The moment I had been waiting for was finally here. The curtain rose, and there she was Taylor Swift! I could not believe I was at her concert. A smile had grown on my face; while the rush of excitement had finally come over me. I grabbed my purse while my fingers were trembling, scraping the bottom, trying to grab my camera quick! I couldn't let myself miss a second.

The opening song to kick off the fearless tour was her hit song You Belong With Me, I managed to sing along and take lots of pictures all throughout the concert, capturing her many costume changes, backup dancers, and lots of hair whipping!

The concert had also included one of countries newest band Gloriana along with Kellie Pickler, a good friend of Taylor's. Each song that was performed was almost setup like a mini movie, or a music video. When it was time for a quick change, videos would be playing on the giant screens hung from the ceiling, mostly showing Taylor's interviews, or what inspires her too write her music.

The stage and setup of the concert was amazing, I can only imagine how long it must have taken them to put up everything and take it all down.

Taylor's song Hey Stephen had begun playing and I looked on stage and there was no sign of her, until I heard loud shrieks and saw the spotlight make a drastic turn, she had shown up in the middle of the audience to perform, after getting about midway through the song, Taylor took time out of her concert to hug everyone in that section and make her way down to another small stage to play a couple of songs, and after that was over, she made her way through the main floor hugging and shaking hands with more fans.

I thought it showed a lot of generosity that she would take the time out of her concert and show her fans how much it meant to her that we were there singing along to all of her songs and cheering her on. Overall it was definitely the best concert I have attended, I'm so glad I went and cant wait to go back again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment